My story on becoming healthy again.


Since I was young, my family was really focused on a healthy lifestyle and I was really aware of what I was putting into my body.

I have always been aware of what was good and bad for my body however I used food as punishment for how I felt about myself, I really abused food especially bad foods. When I was 12 I was hospitalized for a burst appendix which was definitely a wake up call for me and it changed my entire perception on health, however my mind was still not right.

 I lost a lot of weight and finally I felt good enough because I was skinny, which at the time society depicted as perfect. I became obessed over maintaining that weight , however it did not turn out well because I developed an eating disorder where I would either starve myself of food or over eat. Depriving my body of food was not the answer because my eating disorder worsened and I was even insecure about eating in front of people, fearing judgement. 

My relationship with food has always been an ongoing journey. Food was definitely my comfort however starving my body was not a healthy way to treat my body either. I really did not feel good about myself. I felt unhappy, depressed, I had a low self esteem and I honestly felt like my life had no meaning. My love for health and wellness really developed from that experience of being in the hospital and realizing that the way I was treating my body was not good at all. 

But after that my obsession with being healthy and skinny was my main priority, it consumed every moment of my thoughts and was not fair on my body. I have tried all of the fad diets and none work because the only solution is finding what works for you and finding balance in your life. As I got older I decided that I wanted to regain control of my life and that began with doing a course in Holistic Massage Therapy which helped me to appreciate and be more away of how I treated my body and after that I enrolled in 3 other courses which were holistic health coaching, plant based nutrition and yoga. 

I honestly have a passion for the health and wellness space because I want to help men and women to focus on regaining control of their health and feeling comfortable in their skin and focusing on the path to becoming the best version of themselves through finding balance.   

Our bodies and minds are so interconnected. We can eat the most clean diet, but if your mind is not good, you are not healthy.

Your soul will never be fully nourished by anyone's love but your own. Accept yourself. 

Life is a journey...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant gratification VS Long term gratification

How to deal during difficult times.

How good are green smoothies in the morning?