(#3)10 Morning Hacks To Live By

 Hello beautiful people!

Welcome back to WELLNESS BABE podcast! I am Kelly Ann Ward. 

If you want to improve your overall lifestyle, then you are going to need more than just wishful thinking. On today's episode, I am going to discuss the 10 Morning Hacks that I live by and recommend. 

The sooner you create a morning routine for yourself, the sooner you will start to look forward to waking up in the morning. When you make the most out of your time in the morning, it basically allows you to start your day off on the right note and a morning routine is probably one of the most productive habits to live by. On this week's episode, I wanted to share with you the effective hacks that will help you save more time in the morning and also allow you to spend more effort on focusing on the positive day ahead of you. 

Waking up early is so beneficial, because it allows you to prepare yourself for the day ahead and to also set positive intentions for the day. People who tend to wake up earlier, are able to concentrate better and remain focused throughout their day. You also feel so much more energized and morning people are generally more focused and goal-orientated. When I wake up early, I enjoy the stillness of the morning, I also have the time to meditate and mentally prepare myself for the day ahead. 

So let's discuss some simple hacks to live by. 

Firstly, preparation is key. So pack your work or gym bag the night before, fill up your water bottle and place it in the fridge for the morning, check the weather forecast the night before and select what clothing items you would be wearing, which saves so much time in the morning. I have literally spent over 30 minutes deciding on an outfit and never again...hahahaha so now I take the time to choose an outfit the night before, so that I have time to enjoy the morning and not feel rushed and stressed out. if you are worried that you might forget something in the morning, why not leave it by your front door, so that you won't forget it. I have created a check list for myself the night before, so that I can go through the list and ensure that I have everything I need for the next day. 

Something I like to do, is set my alarm earlier than I need to wake up, which allows me to wake up at my own pace, I have the time to meditate and make myself a cup of green tea, which I enjoy religiously in the mornings. I truly look forward to the solitude. 

Before you go to bed at night, make a mental or physical checklist prioritizing plans that you have for the next day. 

Something I enjoy doing as well, is after my shower in the morning, and once I cleanse my face, I apply those collagen under eye masks, which really help with any inflammation and puffiness in the morning. So I read about this really cool hack, that helps to minimize any frizz in the morning, and basically what helps with frizzy hair in the morning, is sleeping on silk pillow cases, and you do get really affordable silk pillow cases online or at your local mall, and it just saves so much time as well, than struggling with your hair in the morning. 

So where do I begin, when it comes to working out. Well, I truly believe that working out is the secret to happiness. Exercising is an awesome way to get out of your comfort zone, because it forces you to stop being lazy and getting in your own way. It also improves your self esteem, your mood and your productivity. I personally always look forward to the feeling I get after a workout, and I recently started Pilates classes, once a week, and it is tough in the beginning, however the feeling you get after a class, or any form of exercise is incredible. I always feel so good. It definitely boosts mental toughness as well. 

Another great morning hack, is to journal, because it helps you to achieve your goals, because when you write down your goals, you can keep better track of your intentions and what motivates you. It allows you to write down your feelings, emotions and is a healthy way to deal with your emotions. Journaling has helped me tremendously, because it has helped me to deal with my emotions in a positive way, and it also shows me what I need to do in order to improve myself and grow. It also builds a strong communication relationship with yourself, so I highly promote it, especially if you simply can't afford therapy and you need a healthy outlet to express yourself and your emotions, so that they don't end up consuming you. 

Enjoying a good, wholesome breakfast, is another awesome morning hack, because it boosts brain power. It also provides you with the energy you need to sustain you through your day. I have never been a breakfast person, however once I started making the effort to make the effort to enjoy a good breakfast, I felt more focused, energized and less fatigued. 

I want to discuss the 3 habits that have helped improve my mental health, because I feel that sometimes we need a reminder to slow down and check in on ourselves, so take this episode as a sign to be more aware of your own needs. 

1. Protect your energy. Super important everyone!!

Think about it...we give a lot of our energy and time away, whether it is at work, social environments or our loved ones. We need to recognize that our needs are just as important as everyone else's. If you feel as if you are not surrounded by the right people, you need to understand when to walk away, so that your peace becomes your main priority. That is why it so important to formulate your own unique morning routine, because you need to take a moment and consider what makes you feel good about yourself, because when you feel good, you are able to perform better in life and you are able to give love to those you care for. So why spend your energy and your time on negativity, when you have the opportunity to use your energy to do so many positive things in your life. 

2. Don't take things personally. I used to be guilty of this negative habit that we become accustomed to. I used to take on everything that people would say to me and about me. However when people disrespect you or do not treat you well, it is easy to take their behavior personally. 

Then...you end up blaming yourself and think that you actually have control over someone else's behavior. Taking things personally is so emotionally draining, so don't let others define who you are, let go of needing to be liked and also allow feedback to help you grow. 

3. Be happy for other people. The good energy you give out, is the good energy you receive back. Therefore wish people well, celebrate their successes. We are all on our own clock of life and your time will come to. Studies have shown that happier people live longer than those who are not happy. Happy people are also more productive and creative and who wouldn't want to experience more positive emotions. When we fail in life, it is not the end. Our failures are failure when we don't learn from it, however when we learn from our failures, they become our greatest lessons to propel us forward. No matter what your age is or what your circumstances are, you are capable of greatness. Believe it and believe in yourself. 

If you enjoyed this week's podcast episode on 10 Morning Hacks To Live By. Leave a comment below, and also follow or subscribe to my podcast show. I release podcast episodes every Wednesday. 

Thank you so much for listening.

I love you

Ciao babes :)






 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant gratification VS Long term gratification

How to deal during difficult times.

How good are green smoothies in the morning?