Real Emotions

 Hi everyone! I am Kelly Ward- Your host 

Welcome to Happy Days Podcast

Welcome to your weekly dose of good vibes!

I hope you are having a beautiful day everyone!

It is so important to take a step back and ask yourself - what do I want for me? What do I want to do? For me...not for anyone else. Not because you want to fit in. I've just realized that discomfort forces you to grow. Growing is uncomfortable, it makes you feel vulnerable and that is good. I personally am going to continue to be honest and show the normal and natural and healthy ups and downs of being a human because I really don't think a lot of people want to do that. 

Which is totally understandable because opening yourself up is vulnerable and scary and uncomfortable and it also opens the room for critism as well, because you are being open and honest. I am going to try my best to do that even when it feels scary, to prove to myself or even just prove it to one person listening, that it is important to be honest and authentic with what you are going through. Even though I can say that my depression and anxiety and my mental health has improved since its lowest point. It does not mean that it is gone and it will never be gone and you know what, I am okay with that because that is what it means to be human. It is part of the cards that I was dealt with in life. You have to play the hell out of the cards you have been dealt with in life and make the most of what you have on the journey to achieving what you want right?

We really need to build our self worth and find the value within ourselves because when we don't feel good enough, we basically find ways to make ourselves unhappy, we choose to procrastinate about the things that would benefit us. We end up treating our bodies badly with food, drugs or alcohol. Let's be real, we are all insecure, because that is what makes us human in the end. Don't pretend you are perfect because that only adds a layer of pressure which will only make you unhappy. It also stops us from finding the areas in our lives that require healing. Why not find your individuality and creative uniqueness in life and rather appreciate the parts of ourselves that make us different?

We all have a unique role to play on this Earth and if we constantly critize ourselves, we basically miss that opportunity to discover what we have to offer. 

Today I wanted to discuss the importance of being honest with yourself. I have started getting really into journaling again and reading and to me, reading is my escape, reading is one of my biggest passions, because I love to learn and these two things help me on my journey to always remain honest with myself, where I don't hide from the issues in my life, where I don't try and escape my reality, where I actually face issues and struggles head on, instead of trying to find a way to hide from it, because news flash - once you come out of hiding, or you've tried to numb yourself from that feeling of stress and anxiety- your issues are still there...They still exist, they still control you until you decide to take the drivers seat and claim the control. So for me, always being open and honest with myself gives me confidence in myself too, I can trust myself, I understand myself better and therefore I am prepared for anything I go through because my mind is right and I am being honest with my reality so that if I do not like something about my life or about myself, I am able to change that. 

This podcast is like therapy for me because I encourage having honest conversations with yourself and loved ones where you don't hide how you feel or suppress parts of yourself fearing judgement, where you feel comfortable to be yourself and discuss real issues that you face because you never know who you could be helping by sharing your story. We sometimes only focus on the end goal of someone's success story instead of also looking at the journey they had to go through to get to where they are. The journey is the juicy and exciting part- it is where the real growth happens and we need to remember to be compassionate with ourselves and stop at times to simply enjoy the journey and not be so focused on the destination. 

How many of you pretend to not care about anything...?

How many of you use it as a coping mechanism because it makes you less vulnerable? There is a lot that I don't care about but there are also a lot that I do care about. Insecurities definitely make us over analyze everything in life. Being vulnerable is very hard for me, I am just being honest, but the reason is because I have been hurt so many times before. It hurts. What I have learnt though is the power of forgiveness. I sometimes still struggle with that because after a while of being hurt by people, you tend to keep your guard up to protect yourself however what I have found is that it can actually hold you back from experiencing life. Some serious inner work and mental work needs to be conducted in order to really identify the hurt, understand the lesson and forgive so that you can move on. 

So how can you get over past experiences? They can hold you back because you could still be traumatized by it but how do we actually not hold onto the past? This is a deep internal battle, all of us may face and I want to help you get through that or at least begin the journey of overcoming what holds you back...

This past year has provided us with a unique opportunity to really spend time reflecting, looking within ourselves and also evaluating every area of our lives. We all have spent countless days being at home without the normal distractions so many of us use to escape our feelings and issues. So with all of that time, many of us had that time to really sit down with ourselves and ask ourselves- What makes me happy?

As kids, we were really lucky to be blessed with joy, happiness, wonder and excitement but as we get older, life hits us with ups, downs, challenges and obstacles and being happy feels so far away.

Happiness in the end is something you really need to work at and commit yourself to doing that inner work and self development. When you make a conscious decision to train your brain to be happier by ensuring you practice gratitude so you are reminded of all of the good, positive things in life, choosing positive thoughts, finding ways we you create your own joy every single day and not forgetting to be aware of life's simple pleasures. For happiness to become your state of being, you really need to work at making that happen for yourself. 

So how do we let go of our past?

Well it can be difficult, let's be real because we sometimes don't even realize how much it affects us. It can be very difficult to forgive others because we struggle to forgive ourselves. 

Choose to: 

  1. Learn to Live In the Present
  2. Change the Past- Learn from what is has taught you- Find the hidden lesson in the experience
  3. Realize That You're No Longer the Same Person
  4. Make Room For the New
  5. Learn to Move Forward  and Forgive Yourself


It is so important that we choose to be fully present in life, because firstly life is a gift and secondly we spend so much of our time trying to numb ourselves from past experiences or hide and distract ourselves from our current reality instead of focusing on doing the work to change what we don't like in our lives. 

Change your mindset because when your mind focuses on the negative things you have experienced in your past, your life will move in a negative direction. 
Here are 5 Strategies to help you to heal emotional pain 

  1. Awareness and Observation. There's a quote that says “you have to feel it to heal it” and this is the first and most difficult step.
  2. Non Judgement and Self-Compassion
  3. Acceptance
  4. Meditation and Deep Breathing so you can be fully present and able to understand your thought patterns in order to change them.
  5. Self Expression, never suppress parts of who you are. Be yourself and remember we are all human. No one is perfect and there is so much beauty in that. 

It is so valuable to be honest with ourselves, understand our emotions and find the lessons in each negative experience in life so that we can always grow and become better. 

I hope this podcast episode has inspired you and provided you with some insight on how to begin the healing process by being truly honest with yourself. 

I love you all
Catch you next week Wednesday and thank you for hanging out with me this week!

Byeeee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instant gratification VS Long term gratification

How to deal during difficult times.

How good are green smoothies in the morning?